“The Liftmaster Model 8360 offers two new technological features that haven’t
been used in other Premium Series models.”
The LiftMaster 8360 is the newest Premium Series chain drive garage door opener from LiftMaster. It is one of the two latest DC garage door openers featuring MyQ™ technology and a battery backup system.
The chain drive lifting mechanism is rugged, strong and reliable, and is mated with a powerful 3/4 HP* DC motor. This model also received theGood Housekeeping seal of approval.
*DC power is measured in Newtons rather than horsepower. With 800 Newtons of power, the 8360 is roughly equivalent to a 3/4 HP AC powered model.
Liftmaster 8360 Garage Door Opener features
Horsepower: 3/4 HP* DC Power (800 Newtons)
Type of Drive: Chain
Light Source: 2 Lights (100 watts maximum/light) with flexible light time delay and compatibility with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs)
- Security+2.0 and Posilock Technology: This is Liftmaster’s latest 3 button garage door remote with rolling code technology, provides users with a new security code each time the remote control is utilized. The Posilock system ensures that the garage door remains locked every time it’s closed.
- Protector System: As with all Liftmaster residential models, the LiftMaster 8360 features Protector System infrared garage door sensors. An infrared light beam provides an invisible “trip wire” across the base of the garage door opening that will stop and reopen the garage door if the light beam is interrupted by a person, pet or object. The opener lights also turn on and flash when the Protector System is activated.
- Sensing Technology: If contact is made with your garage door while it is closing, the sensing technology will stop the operation immediately and reopen the door.
- Manual Release Handle: This feature allows you to release the garage door from the track so it can be opened and closed manually
- Alert 2-Close Warning System: If you use the remote closing or the Timer-to-Close feature to close the garage door, the “Alert” gives an audible and visual warning.
- MyQ Technology: Allows users to control and manage the garage door opener and other MyQ-enabled accessories with the use of computer or smartphones even outside the house. Requires LiftMaster Internet Gateway to work.
- Battery Backup System: Homeowners can still gain access to the garage even if there is a power outage.
- Reliability, Durability and Efficiency: The LiftMaster Premium Series 8360 is specifically designed and manufactured for durability and reliability. It meets all the UL325 standards and has garnered the Good Housekeeping seal. In addition, this model is also energy-efficient as it uses up to less than 75% power when in standby mode.
- Smart Garage Door Opener System: This feature allows users to program the device’s security codes easily by using either the garage door opener powerhead (the motor mounted to the ceiling) or the LiftMaster Smart Control Panel Keypad.
- 200 Watt (max.) Lighting: The LiftMaster 8360 offers up to 200 watts of light with adjustable time delay and CFL light bulb compatibility.
- HomeLink Compatible: This feature is compatible with LiftMaster’s Quicktrain technology.
- Auto Force: Only available on DC garage door openers, the Auto Force feature constantly monitors the garage door and adjusts as needed for temperature variance, door track movement and variations in floor height.
- Slow Start and Stop: Another exclusive to DC openers, slow start and stop makes for a quiet garage door opener and reduces wear and tear with soft take-offs and landings, so to speak.
Liftmaster 8360 Warranty:
- Lifetime on the Motor
- 1 Year on Parts
- 1 Year on Battery Backup
Garage Door Opener Manual:
Liftmaster Model 8360 Garage Door Opener Manual (PDF 6.34 MB, Opens in New Window)
- Additional Garage Door Remotes
- Various MyQ™ Accessories (see below)
LiftMaster 8360 – The Latest Garage Door Opener Technology
The Model 8360 offers two new technological features that haven’t been used in other Premium Series models. Namely, MyQ™ Technology and Liftmaster’s Battery Backup System.
Battery Backup System — The Battery Backup System ensures homeowners that their garage door opener will still work even during a power outage. The integrated 12 Volt rechargeable battery opens and closes the garage door, keeps the safety and security features operational and recharges automatically when the power comes back on.
If you live in an area suffering from frequent blackouts and power failures, this is a great feature. You can always use the manual release handle if you are inside the garage, but it won’t do you any good if you are outside with no power.
MYQ™ Technology — This addition to the newest Liftmaster garage door openersenables you to control your garage door with a smart phone or a computer. The concept is similar to other home automation systems, like Lear Car2U® as an example, except that control is not limited to a special transmitter device.
Liftmaster MyQ technology works with computers and smart phones and can be used from literally anywhere you have an internet connection. If you are out of town and a contractor or family member needs access to your home, you can hop online and handle it remotely. The belt drive Liftmaster 8550 also has this technology.
Other features include remote light control, allowing you to turn lights on and off in your home, and remote garage door monitoring to ensure the door is closed. Just remember you will have to buy the optional LiftMaster Internet Gateway™, MyQ light switches and lamp accessories, as well as the optional garage door monitor to make it work. It’s a pretty neat feature if you have the need (or you want the latest cool electronic gadget).
MyQ™ Technology-enabled accessories include:
- 829LM Garage Door Monitor
- 823LM Remote Light Switch
- 825LM Remote Light Control
- 828LM Lift Master Internet Gateway (required to make the other accessories work)