“A tastefully designed garage with flexible
apartment or loft space can add curb appeal and
investment value to your home.”
Garage Apartment Plans for the perfect guest house, studio, home office, or starter home. If you need expanded living space, a location for your business or hobby, or the perfect retirement home or vacation retreat, consider the many possibilities a garage apartment can offer.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to check with your local building authority before deciding what you plan to build. What is or is not allowed can vary greatly from one town, city or state to another.
Here are some of the many options you have with a garage apartment:
- Home Based Business – Are you an artist, graphic designer, architect or budding entrepreneur? A garage apartment could be the perfect solution to reduce office costs and eliminate your commute.
- Apartment for your In-laws (OK, no in-law jokes!) – There are many garage plans with living space above the garage, and a few with ground floor living space. If you need independent living space for your parents or your in-laws, a garage apartment could be the perfect solution.
- Guest House – Maybe your parents or in-laws don’t live with you, but they come to visit occasionally. Why not put them up in a wonderful, private guest house. Guests from out of town? Offer them the best room in town!
- Game Room or Getaway – Do you need a spot for your pool table or ping pong table? Do you need to disengage from your daily routine and escape for a while? There are many plans that offer the ideal getaway space.
- Rental Property or Living Space for your College Student – Offset your home expenses with rental income from a garage apartment. Whether your property is urban, suburban or out in the country, quality rental space can be a nice supplement to your income.
- Starter Home – If you are just starting out, there are many wonderful garage plans to suit your needs. Start small and add on later, or build your dream home on the same property in the future and use your garage apartment space for a studio, game room, guest house or rental income.
- Vacation Home – Do you have recreation property? Why not build a beautiful garage apartment for your weekend, week-long, or extended vacation escapes!
- Retirement Home – If you choose to downsize in the future, there are garage plans that include an apartment to suit your taste and your budget while limiting the expense of maintaining a larger home.
- Affordable Living – Maintain an affordable, private living space without the headaches of a traditional apartment or duplex. Garage apartment plans offer a cost effective alternative to building a traditional, single family home.
- Improve the value of your Home – A tastefully designed and built garage with flexible apartment or loft space can add curb appeal and investment value to your home. From 300 to more than 1200 square feet, there are designs to complement your craftsman, coastal, traditional or Victorian home.
- Storage for Custom Cars or Recreation Vehicles – Quit paying for expensive rental space! Keep your “toys” at home.
Where Do You Buy Plans?
Once you know what you need, browse through hundreds of garage plans at The COOL house plans company including many garage apartment plans for two, three or more cars, plans for your workshop or home office, and more. Check the right column of the page!
Less Expensive Than You Think!
If you have ever considered the possibilities of flexible space for your hobbies, home office, family needs or business, take another look today. With so many garage apartment plans to choose from, the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, with the option of renting your newly created space or using it as a starter or vacation home, it might be less expensive than you think!
Find Remodeling Contractors. Get Up to 4 Quotes Now. It’s Quick, Free, and Easy!
Return from Garage Apartment Plans back to Garage Plans
Visit the Garage Building Plans page with links to my favorite plan sites.
Return from Garage Plans back to Garage How To home page