“Moving up to the Craftsman garage door opener model 53990
gives you more than just power. Another big difference between this and other
Sears garage door openers is options.”
The Craftsman garage door opener model 53990 is the top of the line 3/4 HP chain drive garage door opener from Sears. For the money, this is a great value. The powerful 3/4 HP motor will lift the heaviest single or double car garage doors, even if you have carriage house doors or solid wooden garage doors.
Moving up to the Craftsman model 53990 gives you more than just power. Another big difference between this and other Sears garage door openers is options. This model has two lights of up to 100 watts each (200 watts total), two 3-button Security+® remote controls, a motion sensing door controller that turns on the light when you enter a darkened garage, and a wireless, keyless entry keypad for outside the garage.
|Craftsman 3/4 HP Chain Drive
Garage Door Opener
The Craftsman garage door opener model 53990 is equipped with the same set of safety and security features standard on other Sears models, including Security+® rolling code remotes, infrared safety reversing sensors and the PosiLock® garage door lock. Another valuable option for the model 53990 is a limited lifetime warranty on the motor.
The Sears garage door opener site has more than 140 consumer reviews for this popular model, with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. The similar Chamberlain model (all Sears garage door openers are made by Chamberlain), also garners high marks from reviewers. For example, on the Amazon.com site more than 90% of reviewers gave theChamberlain PD752D four or five out of five stars.
NOTE: As with most new garage door openers, the standard installation setup is for a seven foot tall garage door. If yours is 8 or 10 feet tall, be sure to purchase the optional rail extension kit. For those who don’t want to handle the installation on their own, Sears offers installation services.
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 53990 features
Type of Drive: Chain
Light Source: 200 watts (max.) with 2 Light Bulbs
- Security+® anti-burglary coding that changes remote codes after every use
- PosiLock® system to secure the garage door when it is closed
- Infrared safety reversing sensors to prevent the door from closing when anything is in its path (skateboard, bicycle, cat, etc.)
- Manual door release capability
- Limited Lifetime warranty on the motor
- Rugged chain drive
- Security+® anti-burglary coding
- PosiLock® system to ensure the door stays locked when it is closed
- Motion detecting wall control
- Two 3-Button remote controls
- Wireless, keyless entry keypad
- Additional Remote Controls
- Rail extension kits for 8 foot and 10 foot high garage doors
- Extended warranty Protection Agreement from Sears
- Installation Service