“The Craftsman model 53918 belt is reinforced with steel,
adding strength to lift the heaviest garage doors.”
The Craftsman garage door opener model 53918 is a belt drive garage door opener with Die Hard battery back-up allowing the opener to work when the power is out. As with other belt drive Sears garage door openers, this model operates quietly and is suitable for homes with living space above the garage. Contributing to its quiet operation is the noise dampending foam-encased motor chassis that hushes noise from the motor and drive gears.
|Craftsman 3/4 HP Belt Drive
Garage Door Opener w/Battery
Backup – Model 53918
The Craftsman model 53918 belt is reinforced with steel, adding strength to lift the heaviest garage doors. One benefit of buying a little higher end model like this one is the included accessories. The 53918 comes with a Smart Motion-Detecting Control Panel showing time, temperature and diagnostics. The motion-detecting feature also turns on the garage light when you enter the garage. Also included are two 3-button remote controls and a wireless entry key pad allowing garage entry without the use of a remote control.
The Craftsman garage door opener model 53918 carries all of the safety and security features of other Sears models, including remote controls with Security+® anti-burglary rolling codes, sensing technology to reverse and open the garage door when it encounters a person or object, and the PosiLock® feature that keeps the garage door locked once it is closed.
The Craftsman model 53918 ranks highly with consumers. Almost 80% of reviews on the Sears garage door opener site rate five out of five stars, and 95% give four or five out of five stars. Easy installation, quiet operation, the battery back-up unit and the motion sensing control panel all received praise. All Craftsman garage door openers are suitable for DIY installation, but Sears also offers installation service for a fee.
NOTE: If you have an 8 or 10 foot tall garage door, remember to buy the rail extension kit. Standard installation is for 7 foot tall doors.
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 53918 features
Horsepower: Not specified on this model*
Type of Drive: Belt
Light Source: 200 watts with 2 Light Bulbs
- Security+® anti-burglary remote controls with rolling codes
- PosiLock® system to secure the garage door when it is closed
- Safety Sensor Infra-red beam
- Sensing technology to stop and reverse the garage door if a person or object is contacted
- Manual door release capability
- 10-years on Motor
- 90 days on Parts & Labor
- Steel reinforced belt for added lifting strength
- Two 3-Button Remote Controls
- Smart Motion-Detecting Multi-function Control Panel
- Security+® anti-burglary coding
- Noise dampening foam-encased motor chassis
- PosiLock® system to ensure the door stays locked when it is closed
- Additional Multi-function 3-Button Remote Controls
- Craftsman compact 3-Function Remote Controls
- Rail extension kits for 8 foot and 10 foot high garage doors
- Extended warranty Protection Agreement from Sears
- Installation Service
*Sears garage door openers are manufactured by Chamberlain and Chamberlain now uses the term “horsepower strength,” or “HPS®” for its strongest belt drive garage door opener. The similar Chamberlain model is listed with 3/4 HPS® with what Chamberlain says is the same lifting force specifications as other 3/4 HP Chamberlain garage door openers. Contact Sears for verification.