“According to consumer reviews, the PD752D is another winner
from Chamberlain due to its strong performance, reasonable pricing and quiet operation”
The Chamberlain garage door opener model PD752D is a powerful, 3/4 HP chain drive garage door opener designed for the heaviest carriage house doors and solid wooden garage doors.
The Chamberlain PD752D is part of Chamberlain’s Power Drive® line, noted for their rugged design and strong performance (watch the video review, below).
According to consumer reviews, the PD752D is another winner from Chamberlain due to its strong performance, reasonable pricing and quiet operation, thanks to Chamberlain’s patented Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®). This is one of the quieter chain drives on the market.
The Chamberlain garage door opener model PD752D is from the extensive do-it-yourself line of Chamberlain openers and is comparable to the Craftsman Model 53990.Standard installation includes a rail system suitable for seven foot tall garage doors; however, Chamberlain offers extension kits for doors up to 10 feet tall for about $50.
With 50% more power than most garage door openers (compared to 1/2 HP models), the PD752D is a great choice for homeowners with heavy doors.
Beyond the obvious advantages of a stronger motor and greater lifting power, this model comes standard with two 3-button remote controls that will operate up to three garage doors or turn on lights in your home. Also standard is the motion-detecting control panel that automatically turns on your garage opener light when you walk into your darkened garage.
Watch the Chamberlain WD822KD video review:
If you have heavy wooden garage door or carriage house doors, you want the power of a 3/4 HP chain drive model. But you may also want a quiet garage door opener because your garage has living space above or beside it.
Solution? Take a look at the Chamberlain WD962KEV, the most powerful belt drive model Chamberlain makes. It also has battery backup.
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Model PD752D features
Type of Drive: Chain
Light Source: 200 watts with adjustable time delay
- Security+® remote control with rolling codes
- PosiLock® to keep the door locked with it is closed
- Protector System® safety sensors (invisible beam of light across the garage opening)
- Door sensor that stops the garage door from closing if a person or object is contacted
- Manual door release
- Lifetime on motor
- Two 3-Button Multi-Function Remote Controls
- Motion Detecting Control Panel – Turns on light when you walk in the garage
- Quick install five-piece rail system
- HomeLink® Compatible
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) for Quiet Operation
- Enclosed gear case with continuous lubrication for smooth operation and longer life.
- Good Housekeeping seal of approval
- Rail extension kits for 8 and 10 foot high garage doors